How do you keep employees informed, reassured and engaged with the steps your business is taking?
During these difficult times you may be struggling with how to keep employees up to date working out how frequently to communicate or how to deliver important messages. Here at Wonderful Workplaces we can support you with your internal comms to staff to make sure employees fully understand the business’ priorities.
There are several ways to communicate messaging to employees but here are some we know work best:
- Internal website– live updates and news, business information, interactive elements, web chat/online support
- Emails– templated or bespoke for specific audiences
- Videos– Live Q&A giving people a chance to ask questions or a series of small videos with updates from the business/tips and tricks/L&D opportunities
- Articles and stories– Q&A articles or blogs from other employees so it feels more personal, less about the brand more about the people.
- Direct messages (e.g. texts) – urgent, quick or short updates
We’ve created a CRISIS method to highlight key considerations for your internal comms:
Keep the flow of communication open, with regular updates, emails and calls.
Tell your employees you’re working hard to keep things as normal as possible at this unusual time and be open to responding to their questions.
Keep all your comms short to the point and with the key information. Try not to use too much jargon so that everyone can understand your messages.
Create groups or forums to respond to queries and questions, provide regular links online tools to ensure employees understand where they can go to get help
Make sure all employees feel like they are a part of your action plan. Allow them to feedback and provide suggestions on how they’d like you to communicate with them.
Internal comms are important but it’s also good to make sure they’re working hand in hand with your external comms. Showcase all the great things your employees are doing, recognise their hard work and make sure you’re taking the opportunity to showcase your employer brand.
If you need more support or advice on your internal comms don’t hesitate to get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org